Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A hat isn't simply an accessory...

...  it is a statement.  A proclamation of who you are and how you want to project yourself to the world.  Are you modest, flirtatious, coy, sexy, independent, sporty, elegant, zany or queenly?

I have been collecting vintage hats for nearly 15 years and with an over-active imagination decided to start making the hats that I couldn't find when rummaging markets and vintage shops.

I will also include in this post a small collection of floral hair ornaments I have also made.



Grey felt tilt hat with spray of black feathers, twist of rust feathers and black & white feather spines.  I added the feathers to the pre-purchased felt hat.





1940's black feather tilt hat with clock parts, magnifying glasses and crow skull.  I added the cogs, magnifying glasses and skull to the hat for part of a Steampunk costume I had made for a German music festival in Leipzig about 3 years ago.





Black velvet toy hat with beads, feathers, fabric flowers, and plastic berries.  This one I actually made from scratch with a basic mesh hat form.




Simple flower hair clips in a variety of colours and styles.






Hopefully some of these have inspired you find a daring chapeau to express yourself and turn the heads of everyone you pass...  or get in touch with me and let's see what we can create together!!!

<3
Devi

No comments:

Post a Comment